The programme will last six months, starting from April 2018, to coincide with the Easter vacation.
Each month, the girls will be assigned a book to read from the Afro-Feminist canon. Once a month we will meet for at Liberia for both a day of both formal and informal learning, discussion, and sharing. This will include:
- Book club: Reading an empowering list of books and engaging in structured discussions
- Guest talks by accomplished women
- Watching and deconstructing talks, e.g. TED Talks, by accomplished women
- Discussions on what’s happening in Ghana, Africa, and the world and what we can do as a group to effect positive change
- Training in communication and presentation skills e.g. public speaking
- Each one, teach one – empowering the girls to share the knowledge they’ve gained with their friends, other girls in their schools and in the local community.